So, something pretty awesome happened last week. Well, it’s awesome for me. Probably no one else will care, some might even think it’s sad how excited about this I am, but that’s okay.
At the start of 2015, I made a whole list of goals for the year. I want to publish an e-book (still working on it) I want to start submitting Woven to agents (still working on it) I wanted to join writing communities online. (Done!)
All of those are what I call self controlled goals. That means that the only person who has any say over whether they get done or not is me. I made only one goal that I needed outside help for. I wanted to double my readership for Paper Beats World from last year.
Last week, thanks to all of you awesome people, we reached that goal! Twice as many people now follow Paper Beats world than in December of 2014! I can not express enough how much I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you all for reading. I hope that I might have helped you reach some of your writing goals for the year. And, since we’ve got six more months in 2015 to go, I hope we can keep reaching for our goals together.
Things That Rocked This Week
- Making a lot of progress on Broken Patterns. Not done or anything yet, but I’m making progress.
- Sent out my submission for Second Hand Smoke, and started on the title short story for my first e-book. It’s going to be a collection of short fiction. Some of it will be published, some not. I’m pretty excited about it.
- Got to spend some time with my best friend who came in from Pittsburgh. I really wish I got to see her more, but I can at least appreciate the time I get with her.
Things That I’m Looking Forward to This Week
- The kids have only got two more weeks of school. Then there will me no more classes in my living room, homework to help with and all the other fuss that goes along with the school year.
- I’m working pretty steadily through my rather massive to do list, which means I’m working closer to two rather big projects I’ll be launching for you all here very soon.
- I’ve got just two more things to set up for the awesome surprise I’ve got for you all in August. I think you’ll agree, it’s well worth the wait. I wanted to wait and do it during the month of Paper Beats World’s one year anniversary.