Wow, so Christmas is in three days. My house smells nice, there are wrapped gifts under the tree, and I’m focusing the next few days on reading JR Tolkin’s Letters From St. Nicholas. Also, coffee. My monsters have one day of school left before vacation, and then we’re going to do all the awesome Christmas stuff we can in a three day span. I’m trying really hard to focus on savoring the last hurrah of 2015 and not look forward toward 2016 just yet.
Because 2015 was an amazing year for me! I am ending this year feeling so blessed and thankful. I made a lot of strides, and a lot of healthy choices. A lot of things that were totally out of my control went well, too. So, instead of talking about what rocked this week, I want to share with you what rocked this year.
- I finally started taking vitamins every day like we’re all supposed to. I take a D and a B12 with my dinner break at the day job. My seasonal depression isn’t knocking me out so hard, and I have more energy. Also, I’m not getting colds as often!
- Getting Sticky Fingers published was a huge thing for me. Not only is it great to see my work in print, I got a chance to talk about Woven on Stephanie‘s amazing website. I cannot tell you how rockstar it made me feel to be interviewed!
- I am blown away by how much Buffer has helped me. I have no time to drop everything and tweet four times a day, but with this I can take ten minutes a day and schedule tweets. For any of you awesome people finding me because of that, thank you.
- I finished two books this year, Broken Patterns and Days. Broken Patterns is seeking an agent, and Days just needs to be illustrated and it’s going to be available! Can’t tell you how amazed I feel that I actually finished both of them.
- I finally got an Erin Condron planner, and it has totally been worth every penny! (Not an affiliate, I just love them.)
- For those of you who don’t know, I got married last January! And I’ve had a ton of fun (not really) teaching people how to pronounce my new last name. (It’s Luttrell. Pronounced Lu-trull. It’s German, not French, and we have otters on our family crest.) But I love being married to my amazing partner and best friend.
- We moved into our first house. It’s an actual house with a yard and a basement and a washing machine!
- I’ve been using the bullet journal method all year, and it helps me so much! Nothing gets done if I don’t write it in my journal, but it goes so far beyond productivity. I am actually journaling my days, keeping track of my life while it’s going a thousand miles an hour. This is a habit I have tried to form since I was 13, and am just now mastering.
- Finally, if you’re reading this, you’re on my list, too! I am still blown away, every day, by the fact that people come here and read the things I write. Thank you so much, because you are a big part of what made 2015 one of the best years of my life.
I hope you all have a great holiday.