Holy crap, my to do list just tripled! Now, I just went through the whole thing during my plans for the month post about ten minutes ago, so I’m not going to rehash the whole thing. I am going to give you all a quick update on my 16 before 16 list.
- Finish Broken Patterns. That one’s a great big done!
- Unpack the house. Um, not so much. But I planned to spend this whole coming weekend on that project. I am sick of not knowing where my books are.
- Make a nice holiday printable pack for all of you. Check back with me later in the month. It’s going to be tight.
- Don’t drain the emergency fund for Christmas. So far so good.
- Buy new pillows. That’s going to be a gift my husband and I are getting each other for Christmas. My neck will thank him.
- Get Days on the market. Still waiting to see if one last story is going to be accepted, and then I am so ready to go.
- Take advantage of the park more often. So, that’s been a bust. I haven’t set foot in that park once. I can’t even blame the weather, it’s been beautiful. I have to do better this month.
- Schedule monthly dates with the husband. We had a great stay in date night that included some good wine and the roast of William Shatner. Low key, but that’s us.
- Schedule and perform end of year review. I have a list of though provoking questions to ask myself, and a big heart shaped sticker on my planner.
- Plan and take one day off a month. Totally nailed that one last month, and I will take two this month. Christmas Eve and Day. We’re going to bake and make crafts, and watch movies.
- Read Yes Please. I need to get that one on my tablet and get reading. I’m almost done with Big Magic, which I love by the way.
- Make and keep my doctors appointment. In all honesty, and this is really bad of me, I might not get that done this month. I will at least make the appointments, they just might not all be this month. I am so bad about that sort of thing, not going to lie.
- Plan a day to make gifts for co workers at the day job. I have great plans, that I will not share here, since some of them might read this.
- Get a significant amount of Starting Chains done. I am almost done with the first read through. It’s going to be a project, but the story is solid.
- Get a puppy. Not yet, but pictures will follow.
- Rethink stock building. I’m collecting coupons and doing math to figure out how much of a thing I should have in the house at any one time. It’s a whole thing.
How are your lists coming?
What Rocked Last Week.
- Thanksgiving was awesome, as always. We had a great dinner at my mother in law’s place, watched It’s Thanksgiving Charlie Brown and listened to Alice’s Restaurant. Perfect holiday achieved.
- We got the tree up, and I got all of my Christmas cards written.
- I got JR Tolkin’s Letters From St. Nicholas. I’ve never read it, and I am very excited about it.
- I sent Broken Patterns to ten literary agents. Best case scenario is ten polite rejection letters, but it’s a start.
What I’m Looking Forward To This Week.
- I am looking forward to getting all of these dumb boxes unpacked and all of this junk dealt with. Nothing makes you hate every single thing you own like moving.
- I get to order Christmas presents this week. I like doing that.
So what are you doing this week? Any fun holiday plans?