You’ve only got two more days to sign up for Thirty Days, Thirty Ideas! Don’t forget, click here to sign up now!
I have come full circle. I spent a lot of time this week watching Friends with the older of my two monsters. She’s old enough to get the jokes, and that makes me cringe a little. (Okay, a lot.) But I like sharing this with her. We’re having a lot of family time this week, which has been really nice. The monsters are going back to school in a month, so I’m trying to fit in as much mommy time as I can before fall.
Tell you what else has been rocking my world this week, Ray Donovan. If you’re not watching it, do. The fist two episodes were awesome!
Even so, I am not looking forward to the end of July. I swear, Independence Day was just last week, and now all the school stuff is out. But then again, all the school stuff is out! I am going to buy so many notebooks!
What Rocked This Week
- I got two rejections letters this week. I know that sounds bad, but it’s not. It means I have two stories to send out again. Two stories, two chances to get published, and I’ve already written the stories.
What I’m Looking Forward to This Week
- I’m going to be getting Go Set A Watchman on Thursday, (Actually, by the time you read this, I will have had the book since last Thursday, and surely nearly done with it.) Look forward to a review.
- As already mentioned, I will be hitting the back to school sale, and I will be hitting it hard! Every year I buy all of the office supplies I will need for the whole year, except for my Le Pens.
- We are hitting this great local museum on Thursday, dedicated to Asian art. It’s one of my favorite things to do. After that we’re going to our local frozen yogurt place, called Morgans.
- I am still creeping along on the fourth draft of Broken Patterns, but I am an inch away from finishing part one of three. I know that sounds like a stupid mile stone, but trust me, two years into this project and small mile stones are still shiny.
What are you doing this week? Anything exciting and summery? Also, don’t forget that I post a monthly brag board on the last day of the month. I would so love to share with the world, or at least the small corner of the world who reads Paper Beats World, the fantastic things you guys are doing. You are all awesome people on an amazing journey to being published writers. Tell us all about it!
Leave a Reply