I’ve got a Wonder Woman wallet. I’m actually kind of known for it in my little town, because no one else has one like it. I get complements on it all the time. I just bought it because it was a man’s style wallet so I can fit it in my back pocket. (I’m not a big purse carrier.) I’ve also got a classy Wonder Woman pin on my jacket, the one I wear most often.
My love of this character prompted my word for 2016; Wonder.
I don’t know if you pick words for the year. You should though. Think of it as a shining light, one word that can sum up how you want to make your life better in the next 12 months.
In 2015, my word was patience. I was spinning around, trying to make anything happen, and there was no level of happy in my life. So I focused on patience in my personal life as well as my writing. I focused on what I could realistically do in a day instead of bemoaning the fact that I wasn’t already a famous author.
And I saw some real progress!
So, you may be wondering, what does Wonder mean? How will it help me like Patience did in 2015?
- Wonder, for Wonder Woman, to remember that I have done so much, and am capable of so much.
- Wonder, as in, “I wonder what would happen if…” To do things I’ve never done this year. For example, I wonder what would happen if I devoted myself to independently publishing my own work for twelve months the way I’ve devoted myself to getting my work published in 2015.’
- Wonder, as in, ‘What can I do to make today wonderful?’ speaks to my commitment to not only do more fun things this year, but to reach out and help others more this year as well.
- Wonder, as in, ‘What is already wonderful in my life?’ because I am committed to chronicling my blessings this year.
I would love it if you’d share your own word of the year. Please tell us yours in the comments below, and leave a link to your blog if you decide to post about it.
What rocked this week
- The new year started with a bang, a kiss and a good glass of wine. No better way to start off 2016, in my opinion.
- I went through Lisa Jacob’s New Year for A New You series. If you haven’t done this yet, you should. My favorite moment of the whole week of prompts was this one question, “What are you not willing to tolerate?” Wow. Just saying, we should ask ourselves this question more often, ladies and gentlemen.
What I’m looking forward to this week
- I have so many plans. I’m starting on a new regiment for editing and writing. Instead of hours spent, I’m recording pages completed. Hopefully I’ll get more done that way.
- I’m looking forward to getting back into my routine this week. The monsters are back in school, so I’ve actually got a few hours of quiet in which to get important things done.
- With one book on the editing board, and a rough draft of a super secret new project in the works, I am a busy girl. But I like it that way.
Don’t forget, guys, my very first books, Thirty Days, Thirty Ideas, is up for pre sale right now. It’s free with promo code 30one! Here’s a link. The book comes out January 21.
Leave a Reply