I found Elle & Co on Pintrest, like I find so many other awesome things like coffee recipes and things to do with old books. And I swear, I lost an hour just scanning through the archives. It has, no lie, some of the best images I have ever seen.
I love this site because I learn how to be a better blogger just by watching what Lauren does.
- The images I was talking about? They are perfect, and have a great consistency. They’re also super basic! Just words in the same font, written on a plain colored background with some decorative lines. That it, no fuss. But they are eye catching.
- They’re eye catching because of the content. This site has some of the most solid advice I have ever heard about running a site, selling a product, and working your life around your work. (Indie writer=small business owner. I’ll keep saying it, it’s okay.)
- Even though it’s a site dedicated to selling design work, I get a ton of inspiration. I hope that inspiration will, among other things, lead to a super sweet cover for my e-books when they’re done.
Best of all, though, is Lauren’s really great, conversational writing tone. She’s got a very good voice for this sort of thing, even if she doesn’t write anything but non fiction.
Posts to see-
- 12 ways to network authentically
- A backwards approach to product launches
- How to create a clean and cohesive inspiration board (And here, by the way, is a great example of accidental inspiration. I used this post to help me create visual boards in Pintrest for each of the countries in Woven. They are public, if you want to check mine out.)
- SEO made simple
Is there a website, blog, or book that’s inspired you. Tell us about it.