So, I’m turning 29 this coming Sunday. It’s okay, not like I’ve only got one year left in my twenties or anything.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s birthday makes them think about how far they’ve come in their lives. Pretty sure that’s what birthdays are for, to remind us that our time on this earth is limited, so we’d better get on whatever it is we intend to do while we’re here.
Personally, I think I’m doing alright for 29. I’ve got a goal, and it’s a pretty big one, that I’m working towards. I’ve got a good day job, got married this last January, and have two great kids.
So, my real question is, where do I go from here? I usually take my birthday as a chance to look at my five year plan, and my plan for the rest of the year. (It’s helpful that my birthday is in June, halfway through the year.) My other birthday tradition is reading The Giver, by the way. It’s an important book, if you haven’t read it.
What Rocked This Week-
- I found two more great contests from Horror Tree that I’ll be working on.
- Had some time to spend with my little monsters.
- Finished the rough draft for the title short story of my first short fiction E-Book, meaning that project is getting more and more solid every week. I’ve now got roughly half of the stories that I want to include written.
What I’m looking forward to this week-
- With three short stories out right now to different contests and anthologies, I am checking my e-mail every five minutes!
- I can not wait for the end of school. My town is hosting weekly concerts, and they start tomorrow, so I’ll be taking the little monsters to those.
- I’m reaching out to some awesome ladies about maybe doing some collaborative projects in the near future. I don’t want to say a ton about it now, in case it doesn’t pan out, but I’m really hoping it will. (Normally I don’t like making plans that involve other people, because I like to control my own productivity. I’m working to get out of my comfort zone on that one.
By the way, I’m still on the road to being a full time writer. In fact, I’m not past the very first step yet. You know, the one where I plan to fail by creating a financial safety net with Dave Ramsey inspired steps. You don’t know? Then you haven’t been getting my monthly newsletter, Road to Full Time Writer. Well, you can fix that by clicking here, and signing up for the newsletter, silly.
What are you excited about this week? What did you do this past week that really rocked?
Leave a Reply